Saturday, February 13, 2010

A test? (part 1)

This Saturday morning, V is not home.

She left early and left me taking care of the girls.

She asked me to feed them, to which I said, "yes, ma'am." Then she smiled and asked me to clean the kitchen, and I replied exactly in the same way.

Then she started laughing and said "Really?"

After I repeated my consent she jokingly said "I also want you to fold the laundry."

"Okay," I said.

A very brief conversation, but an opportunity for me to show her how much I appreciate serving her. Because if my past (years' worth) failure to serve her, she does not believe that I will fold the laundry, she barely believes that I will clean the kitchen and will even call on her phone to verify that the girls have been fed.

My test today is to see how far I go in my desire to please her. It is both a test and an opportunity and I intent to keep up with it.

I will post a continuation to this post after the day is over, to go over the results of the "test" and my feelings about it. Now I want to go get started by feeding the girls before V calls.

I'm smiling ear to ear as I write this. We'll see if I'm smiling at the end of the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment